Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shopping experience at Cosmetix.in, Mini haul

This weekend was rather eventful. We did some shopping for Diwali. I got a silk cotton churidaar suit for 2500(if I buy another umbrella cut anarkali type net churidaar I swear I'd lose it). Btw how hard is it to find nice normal fitted suits nowadays, especially in chennai where everyone seems obsessed with the stupid anarkalis. Ugh! I can't wait for this trend to get over. Mr.Manish Malhotra please take note coz you're responsible for this!
I also picked up really cute printed tees from Jealous where they have a buy three for 599 offer so I got three tees for 599. But it sorta broke my heart when I had to buy size L where I only used to buy an S before the pregnancy. I guess now M would fit me too but I'd prefer the tees to be a little loose to hide my loose pouch. Sigh!

Weekend shopping
Good thing we went to City Centre coz Express Avenue mall is terribly crowded on weekends and I get totally claustrophobic there. Oh and I also picked up Bourjois lip creams in a couple of shades. (detailed review to follow)
This weekend we also had some friends down from Bombay so we went out for dinner and I got a chance to wear proper make up and get dressed nicely. Yay! (yeah yeah I know I'm a pathetic loser :p)

Okay so on Monday my Cosmetix.in package arrived. I'd placed the order on Friday and got a confirmation mail saying it's been shipped via Blue Dart with the tracking code the same evening and received it on Monday. Full marks for prompt delivery. I'd opted for Cash on Delivery and paid the amount when accepting the package. It was very neatly packed in a sturdy white cardboard box filled with shredded paper. Each item was individually wrapped in bubblewrap too and kept inside this. I was very impressed with the packaging too.

So what did I order?

  • Faces matte lip cream in 01 "Puce"
  • Faces nail enamel in "Shimmer Puce" (I swear I wasn't trying to create a Puce theme! :p)
  • NYX long eyeliner pencils in Lagon and Argent- shimmery blue and silver
  • Faces liquid eyeliner in "Blue"


My total bill was 1122 and most of the items were on discount plus I got an additional 5% discount with the Diwali voucher that was posted on their FB page.



The package


The Haul


Review of the Cosmetix.in experience

Yay for:

  • Easy to navigate site, neat layout
  • Stock cosmetics, skin care and personal care products
  • Decent selection of brands- but mostly drugstore brands- from l'oreal and maybelline to Faces and NYX and Himalaya and Shahnaz Hussain. I'm only interested in Faces and NYX coz it's not available in my city
  • Good discounts from anywhere between 5% to 25%
  • New stuff regularly added
  • Prompt service and good customer care available
  • Quick delivery
  • Cash on delivery available, at no extra cost
  • Free shipping over Rs.100
  • Neat packing of products


Boo for:

  • Shade selection in each product type is very limited, full range not available
  • Swatches of some products especially are very bad, hard to judge based on these


But my overall experience was quite pleasant and I'd be shopping from them again. Just wish they'd also include brands like colorbar which again isn't available easily n my city and also expand their NYX inventory.

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment