Friday, October 14, 2011

Products that Work: Nivea skin whitening roll on deo, a Review

Psst... Know what they say about shaving making your skin darker? It's not true! It's an urban beauty myth, if you please. ;) But you know what really makes skin darker? No, apart from UV rays guys. Alcohol based deodorant sprays. Who knew right? But, it's true! I've always avoided these deo sprays and always prefer roll ons but some months back I got this spray deo as a free gift with some puchase and as it happened I ran out of my roll on and decided to use the spray. And sure enough it made my underarms a couple of shades darker. And those look ugly ugh. So I kept my arms firmly at my side, held my head high and went scouting for something that would help lighten em. That's when I chanced upon this lil thing.



The Nivea skin whitening roll on deo. I saw the words whitening and alcohol free and immediately pounced on it and ran to the billing counter. Did it work? Umm.. Yeah, as is apparent from the post title. Duh. So this cost me Rs.165 and is easily available at pharmacies, cosmetics shops and departmental stores.
It comes in a glass bottle with a roller at the top and the liquid inside it is white in colour and thicker than usual roll on deos.

Yay for:

  • Pleasant, mild fragrance, just like that of the Nivea skin cream.
  • Actually works, reduces pigmentation on the underarm area, making it lighter
  • Clear bottle so easy to see how much product is left
  • Lasts quite long. One bottle sees me through 2 months with daily usage
  • Doesn't cause any burning or stinging even if you've just waxed/shaved the area



Boo for:

  • Thick liquid, which makes drying longer and so if you wear your clothes in a hurry it would rub off on them, thus reducing effectiveness
  • Not really 24hrs lasting against BO as it claims. I guess it lasts about 6-8 hours at an office. If you're going to be sweating or doing physical stuff, this won't hold up


I could see a difference in the colour within a week of using this. So give it a shot if you're worried about your dark underarms but be warned, this won't protect you much against BO, so layer another one on top of this I guess.

My rating: ***

You can buy it online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment